The following jobs are now available with Ducks Unlimited. Scroll down the page for details about each job. The ability to apply online for the position will be available soon.
Wetlands Research Scientist
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist
Coordinator of Development Operations
Director of Foundation Relations
Director of Donor Relations
Water Quality Technician
Fort Collins, Colorado
Associate Digital Media Editor
Digital Fundraising Specialist
Wetlands Research Scientist
Ducks Unlimited seeks an accomplished and motivated research scientist to help provide science support for its conservation efforts in the seven-state, Great Plains Region starting no later than January 1, 2019. The position will be stationed in the Great Plains Regional Office in Bismarck, North Dakota.
Duties for this position will focus on but not be limited to:
- Assisting with ongoing wetlands research projects across the Prairie Pothole Region.
- Providing scientific input regarding the impacts of land-use changes and conservation programs on the health and function of wetlands.
- Developing grant proposals to fund science efforts.
- Publishing and presenting research results in diverse forums including peer-reviewed journals and professional meetings.
- Developing geospatial conservation planning tools.
- B.S. degree in Wetland Ecology, Ecology, Limnology, Environmental Science or a related field with a strong emphasis on wetland ecology, hydrology and applied conservation techniques. M.S. degree preferred.
- Five+ years of combined graduate education and experience in wetland ecology, limnology, conservation planning, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS and Spatial Analyst.
- Proficiency with R, S-plus, Python, or SAS.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to conduct strenuous field work and write quality reports with minimal-to-moderate supervision.
- Agreeable to occasional flexible daytime hours and occasional day/overnight travel.
- A background check and drug screen are required. Must have clean driving record and a valid driver's license.
To apply, please fill out the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=192076&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001, and attach a letter of interest, resume and daytime contact information (email & phone numbers) for three professional references; and submit. Application deadline is October 31, 2018.
For more information regarding this position or to request application materials, please contact Kaylan Carrlson at (701) 355-3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist
Ducks Unlimited seeks a motivated candidate to provide GIS and mapping support for its conservation efforts in the Great Plains Region starting November 12, 2018. This 1-year term position will be stationed in the Great Plains Regional Office in Bismarck, North Dakota.
Duties for this position will focus on but not be limited to:
- Development of an organized and cohesive geospatial database for use within the region.
- Development of automated conservation planning tools within both an ArcGIS and Google Earth environment.
- Assisting with a remote sensing project regarding regional hydrodynamics.
- Preparation of formal maps for presentations and display.
- Development of summary statistics and analyses.
- Trouble-shooting ArcGIS for conservation team members.
Minimum Qualifications: Applicant must be comfortable working alone within the ArcGIS environment and be capable of creating, maintaining, and editing shapefiles, features, and databases with minimal to no oversight. A good attitude and ability to collaborate are a must. Hire will be contingent on a clean background check and driving record and passing a drug test.
- B.S. degree in GIS or a related field
- Proficiency with ArcGIS, ArcMap, and Spatial Analyst
- Proficiency with Python
- Proficiency with Program R
- Experience with heads-up digitizing and remote sensing
- Experience with cartography
Notes: Salary will be commensurate with experience. This position reports to the Manager of Conservation Planning, also stationed in the Great Plains Regional Office in Bismarck.
To apply, please fill out the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=187342&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 and attach a letter of interest, resume and three professional references (with email & daytime phone numbers) and submit by November 9, 2018.
For more information regarding this position or to request application materials, please contact: Kaylan Carrlson at 701.355.3525 or email@example.com.
Coordinator of Development Operations
National Headquarters ~ Memphis, Tennessee
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., the continent’s leader in waterfowl and wetlands conservation, seeks a Coordinator of Development Operations to assist the Development Operations management team with all operational activities of the department with a focus on pledge processing, President’s Council, donor relations, National Convention and reporting. Primary responsibilities include:
- Process Major Sponsor pledges to include adding or updating contact, salutation, and other demographic information.
- Assist the Director of Donor Relations to support the President’s Council program to include preparing tumbler/pin packets for mailing, sending thank you packets to President, coordinating holiday card/gift mailing, activity entry, event invitations and eblast coordination.
- Coordinate Major Sponsor event invitations as requested by the Director of Donor Relations.
- Coordinate stewardship mailings – annual report, calendar, special mailings.
- Prepare invoices for approval, complete department check requests and assist as requested with the annual budget preparation.
- Coordinate Major Sponsor award spreadsheets, prepare scripts and assist with the logistics of National Convention.
- Assist with the monthly transfer reports for DU Canada and DU Mexico.
- Assist with data support for stewardship and solicitation.
- Work with the Manager to coordinate updates and revisions to the department’s process and procedures manual.
- Coordinate development department materials on DUNEST and assist Director of Donor Relations to maintain development content on ducks.org.
- Provide personalized customer service to Major Sponsors and assist with all department mailings.
- Provide administrative support to Managing Director of Development Operations, Director of Prospect Development and Director of Donor Relations.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years fundraising or related experience. Candidates must also have ability to analyze and synthesize data and produce readable, informative reports; possess strong Microsoft Office computer skills, advanced spreadsheet and relational database expertise; and the ability to handle confidential information with exceptional judgment and discretion. Must be able to problem-solve and troubleshoot, work independently but collaboratively in a dynamic team and have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality. A demonstrated ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with changing priorities and multiple projects along with a commitment to the mission of Ducks Unlimited are also desirable. The Coordinator of Development Operations reports to the Manager of Development Operations and is based at the National Headquarters in Memphis, TN.
To apply, please fill out the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=192074&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001, and submit a cover letter and resume indicating your qualifications and outlining why you are interested in the position. For further information regarding this position please contact Jenna Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume review will begin on October 25, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Director of Foundation Relations
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., the continent’s leader in waterfowl and wetlands conservation, seeks a Director of Foundation Relations with the following primary responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for the development efforts in the eight-state Western Region.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts from private and corporate foundations to support the conservation mission of Ducks Unlimited.
- Coordinate with conservation and development colleagues to develop proposals and secure funding for Ducks Unlimited’s priority initiatives.
- Provide the expertise to advance Ducks Unlimited’s interests by researching and identifying sources of support, proactively seeking new opportunities based on corporate/foundation guidelines and interests, and maintaining strong communication ties with foundation donors and prospects.
- Partner with the event fundraising staff to raise awareness of DU’s major gift program to increase major gift revenue in the region.
- Work with the volunteer leadership to motivate and guide volunteers to assist with major gift fundraising.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years fundraising or related experience with an emphasis on foundation and corporate major gift solicitation and a strong conservation ethic. Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship and team-building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on the skills needed to write a compelling solicitation proposal
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporations and foundations
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly corporate and foundation fundraising techniques
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to other fundraising professionals and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Computer literacy with a proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database management programs
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and is driven to succeed. Familiarity with major gift fundraising, experience with comprehensive campaigns, relationships and a working knowledge of the philanthropic community, and an interest in outdoor conservation activities are also desired. The selected candidate must be willing to work hours that extend beyond the typical workday and workweek throughout the year; occasional overnight travel is required. Salary will be commensurate with experience. This position reports to the Senior Director of Foundation Relations and will be expected to reside in a mutually agreed upon city in the region.
To apply, please fill out the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=192072&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 and submit a cover letter, a writing sample (proposal, LOI or related fundraising piece) and resume indicating your qualifications and outlining why you are interested in the position. For further information regarding this position, or to request application materials, please contact Tona Simpson at email@example.com. Resume review will begin on October 25, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Director of Donor Relations
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., the continent’s leader in waterfowl and wetlands conservation, seeks a Director of Donor Relations with the following primary responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and lead a successful and integrated donor relations program with a focus on incorporating all relevant partners.
- Serve as primary liaison with the communications team on development program projects to include Ducks Unlimited Magazine, the annual report, web-based and social media sites, and e-communication.
- Provide leadership and management for the major donor annual giving program. Serve as liaison with Membership to increase annual giving and better steward donors at all giving levels.
- Coordinate various stewardship activities with Ducks Unlimited Canada and Duck Unlimited de Mexico.
- Ensure donors are acknowledged and recognized to strengthen and increase their financial support for Ducks Unlimited.
- Serve as a liaison and specialist to development team in order to provide cultivation and stewardship assistance for individual donors and prospects. Create innovative programs and projects to recognize and steward donors.
- Direct the development and implementation of strategic donor communication plan incorporating multiple mediums.
- Coordinate with field team to manage major donor event activities (field experiences, evenings of conservation, project dedications, major donor hunts) to include maintaining department event calendar, managing invitations, creating/maintaining photo archive and publicizing through appropriate communication vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of fundraising experience which includes at least four years of development or advancement services experience. Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superb communications, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to persuasively convey the mission of DU
- Proficiency in prioritizing and managing multiple, diverse and on-going projects
- Proven success in building and maintaining long-term effective partnerships with fundraising constituents and staff
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in development programs
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and is driven to succeed. Interpersonal skills, ability to appropriately manage sensitive and confidential information, experience with comprehensive campaigns, and an interest in outdoor conservation activities are also desired. A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel and experience working with a complex donor database preferred.
This position reports to the Managing Director of Development Operations and is based at the National Headquarters in Memphis, TN.
Candidates must be willing to work hours that extend outside of the typical workday and workweek throughout the year; overnight travel is required.
To apply, please fill out the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=192052&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001, and attach a cover letter, resume and references. For further information regarding this position or to request aplicatiplease contact Kathy McCollum at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume review will begin on October 25, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Ducks Unlimited has an opening for a part-time accounting clerk (approximately 24 hours per week) in our Great Plains Regional Office in Bismarck, ND.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Job duties include accounts payable entry; file research and management; vendor reimbursement preparation; financial tracking; expense report and invoice review; engineering administrative back-up. The position will also assist the regional accounting staff with database management, agreement coordination and contract compliance; as well as other clerical duties as required.
Applicant must be detail-oriented with high level of accuracy; have strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task; ability to work independently and as a team member; strong computer skills including knowledge of databases and Microsoft Office products; must be a self-starter.
Please complete the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=191312&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 and attach a letter of interest (including salary requirements), resume and daytime contact information (email and phone numbers) for three professional references. A clean driving record and drug test will also be required. For more information regarding this position or to request application materials, contact Candace Miller at 701.355.3511 or email@example.com.
Chief Executive Officer
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., is seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to lead our nation’s premier science-based wetlands and waterfowl conservation organization.
About Ducks Unlimited: Vision and Values
Established in 1937, Ducks Unlimited’ s (DU) mission statement is the following:
“To conserve, restore, and manage wetlands and associated habitats for North America’s waterfowl. These habitats also benefit other wildlife and people.”
DU’s fundamental values and beliefs not only help shape the organization’s identity but also strongly influence how it responds to challenges and opportunities. Woven into the fabric of DU’s culture, these guiding principles represent key attributes of its brand and serve to unite and inspire volunteers, staff and supporters around DU’s mission.
- We believe it is our responsibility to be a strong and effective leader in conserving wetlands and other habitat for waterfowl. As a leader, we strive to inspire support for our mission and to collaborate with conservation partners who share common goals and values.
- We place a high value on credibility and believe that science-based research and analysis should guide program development, delivery, and evaluation.
- We hold ourselves and our organization to high ethical standards. We value excellence,
- transparency, and accountability, and we commit to treating people, wildlife, and the DU brand with the utmost respect.
- We believe DU’s strongest asset resides in the power of dedicated volunteers and professional staff working together to achieve our objectives. The strength of this volunteer-staff partnership, and the history and traditions surrounding it, constitute a key competitive advantage for our organization.
- We embrace and celebrate our waterfowl hunting heritage and strive to share the many benefits of an outdoor lifestyle with new generations. A personal connection between people and wildlife helps strengthen the conservation foundation of our nation.
- We believe in using supporters’ contributions efficiently and effectively, and we commit at least 80 percent of our resources to our conservation mission through good economic times and bad.
DU is guided by strategic goals, which serve to anchor the conservation, policy, and revenue objectives of the organization. DU’s strategic goals serve as a “blueprint” for the organization’s work to protect, restore, and manage waterfowl habitats in DU’s landscape conservation priority areas. Since its founding DU has embraced a “singleness of purpose,” a goal-oriented devotion to its mission of conserving habitat for North America’s waterfowl. Rooted in the bold vision of DU’s founding fathers, this tradition has resulted in the conservation of more than 14 million acres of waterfowl habitat across the continent. Ducks Unlimited, whose vision and mission have been clear since 1937, is built on the passion of its volunteers, members, and staff who collectively demonstrate a powerful commitment to the vision of “wetlands sufficient to fill the skies with waterfowl today, tomorrow, and forever.”
For more information on Ducks Unlimited, please visit their website: www.ducks.org.
About the Position: Chief Executive Officer
In the long and distinguished history of DU, there have been only five previous CEOs. The new CEO will be the staff leader of Ducks Unlimited and must possess the skills, knowledge and ability to motivate staff and volunteers to advance DU’s mission and increase focus on mission delivery and organizational growth, while remaining committed to the financial strength of Ducks Unlimited.
Moreover, the new CEO will provide the vision and energy to continue DU’s science-based conservation leadership role into the future. The CEO must provide leadership that instills trust, honesty and integrity in all aspects of DU mission. The staff, volunteers and public must be able to have faith that the communications they receive from the CEO can be taken at face value. In the not-for-profit business where no product is received in return for revenue, TRUST is the most valuable commodity. The CEO must be held to the highest standards of truthfulness and integrity. In addition, the CEO must possess the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to convey vital information to both the staff and volunteers regarding DU activities. Only through clear and unambiguous communication can a large, geographically dispersed team know the game plan, their roles and the information necessary to achieve success. In the role as staff leader, the CEO must demonstrate with energy and excitement an innovative and creative outlook on advancing DU’s conservation mission. The CEO must embrace opportunities that come from change and that drive results. The ability to remain focused on the long-standing DU mission, while being energized and excited by creativity from the entire enterprise, is essential.
The CEO also serves a significant role in advancing DU’s public policy goals. Understanding the roles of Congress, legislatures, federal and state agencies, and the opportunities they provide is an essential attribute the CEO must possess. The CEO of DU must recognize the immense talent within DU staff and volunteers that provides the ability to solve any problem that might emerge. By doing so, the CEO will rightfully show respect and deference to those skill sets and provide his/her support in any way possible, always giving the TEAM credit. The CEO will serve in an organization that has a rich diversity of people. The CEO reports to the President and serves the Board of Directors. The CEO is based in Memphis, Tennessee.
The broad goals and responsibilities for the CEO are the following:
- To create a seamless executive transition and continue to build a dynamic, effective, senior leadership team in support of DU’s volunteers, members and supporters.
- To complete development of a National Business Plan to guide the day-to-day activities of DU in meeting its programs, policy and revenue objectives.
- To work closely with the President of Wetlands America Trust regarding all activities of Wetlands America Trust, particularly on major donor fundraising. Serves as a voting member of the Wetlands America Trust Board.
- To support the development and a vibrant future by continuing to cultivate, expand and make best use of DU’s shared leadership structure of board and committee volunteer leaders, staff and members alike.
- To identify and seize opportunities to build dynamic partnerships with corporate enterprises that overlap with the conservation/education/science mission objectives of Ducks Unlimited.
- To expand the reach and public recognition of DU by developing innovative marketing and strategic communication activities that continue to position DU as the nation’s premier grassroots waterfowl habitat conservation organization.
- To manage a team of professional staff who possess the capacity to fulfill the organization’s mission.
DU could achieve nothing without the passionate commitment of its members, volunteers, and many other supporters. With more than one million supporters and a staff of approximately 580, in FY2017 DU’s total revenues exceeded $225 million; total assets are approximately $274 million, and the combined endowments are $72 million. In FY2017, this support allowed the organization to deliver more than 245,000 acres of waterfowl habitat conservation in the United States alone. These accomplishments were achieved only through the dedication of DU’s volunteers. Each year, the organization’s conservation success stems from the passion, commitment and dedication of Ducks Unlimited supporters, volunteers, partners and professional staff. Headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, Ducks Unlimited has offices in Mississippi, California, North Dakota, Michigan, and Washington, D.C. As a continental conservation organization, DU partners with two highly aligned organizations – Duck Unlimited Canada and Ducks Unlimited de Mexico. The shared strategic assets of board, staff, and financial support create a powerful alignment to achieve mission delivery for waterfowl habitat, forest and watershed, and outdoor recreation.
Professional Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
The CEO should ideally possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- A commitment to DU’s mission and a demonstrated passion for waterfowl hunting, wildlife and habitat conservation.
- A capacity to engage, motivate and mobilize people, particularly leaders, volunteers, and supporters in joint and shared enterprises.
- Demonstrated understanding in supporting a comprehensive fundraising program.
- Successful experience in developing and managing a complex budget and working with a board that has governing oversight for the business enterprise.
- A management style that is goal oriented, but flexible; that respects the capabilities and independence of volunteers and staff alike and provides them with a clear sense of direction.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel extensively, often for weekend and evening meetings.
- Ability to think strategically, tactically and creatively.
- Visionary, articulate, and diplomatic.
- Trustworthy and possessing the highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards.
- High energy level and an optimistic outlook on life.
Compensation for the Chief Executive Officer includes a competitive base salary, performance bonus and an excellent package of health and other employee benefits.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume responding specifically to the experience and qualifications being sought to: Daniel Sherman, President, Explore Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to DU/CEO in the subject line. No phone inquiries please.
All correspondence will remain confidential.
Water Quality Technician
Fort Collins, CO
An exciting opportunity is available to work with Ducks Unlimited (DU), the world leader in wetlands conservation. We are seeking a dynamic self-starter to fill a temporary intern/technician position interested in working with wetlands to address water quality issues in Northern Colorado. Working with several partners, DU is engaged in developing wetland designs to reduce nutrients, metals, and pathogens in several streams with the goal of helping meet permit goals or remove stream segments from impaired waters lists while delivering healthy habitats for waterfowl.
Duties/Responsibilities: The successful candidate will assist DU staff to review and interpret water quality literature and develop databases used to support pollutant reduction capabilities of wetlands. The candidate will act as a liaison between DU and modelers at Colorado State University and other clients to communicate technical data of pollution reduction capacity of wetland designs. Technical information will be incorporated into pollution reduction models and reports for pollution trading programs and mitigation. Additional duties will include mapping and GIS analysis of landscapes for potentially restorable wetlands and report writing.
Experience/Skills: The successful candidate must have experience reviewing and summarizing scientific journals into useful formats for calculating pollution reduction capacities. An understanding of water quality models such as the Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) and Agricultural Policy eXtender (APEX) as
well as interfacing platforms such as eRAMS or Nutrient Tracking Tool (NTT) is strongly preferred. Required skills include proven GIS experience, expert Microsoft Excel capabilities, technical report writing, and strong written and oral communication skills. Preference will be placed on individuals with proven understanding of how to acquire water quality data and manipulate water quality data through several conversions although this can be taught.
Education: Applicants holding a master’s degree or graduate student with relevant experience in wetland ecology, biogeochemistry, environmental planning, biology, natural resources, conservation or wetland related field is preferred, although bachelor’s degrees and upper-level undergraduates will be considered.
Compensation: This is a temporary/seasonal position not to exceed 12-months (part time) or 9 months (full time). Hourly pay $12-$14 /hour. Work schedule of 24-40 hours per week to be determined. Benefits and housing are NOT provided.
Application: To apply, please fill out the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=189872&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001, and attach a resume and a cover letter addressing your interest in the position (e.g. qualifications, career goals, etc.) and preference/justification for part-time versus full-time employment, given any time-commitment constraints. Applications will be considered as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled. Hire will be contingent on a clean background check, driving record and drug screen. For further information regarding this position, or to request application materials, please contact: Greg Kernohan, Director of Conservation Programs, (970) 297-7275, email@example.com.
Associate Digital Media Editor - Ducks Unlimited Magazine
National Headquarters - Memphis, TN
The Associate Digital Media Editor is responsible for creating, acquiring, and managing content for Ducks Unlimited’s digital media properties. Under the direction of the Digital Media Editor, this new member of the Editorial team will work closely with other departments to help execute content strategies and promotions through ducks.org and DU’s social media.
The growing importance of digital and social media has dramatically increased the need for additional editorial staff to fulfill DU’s content needs and obligations. Following the high standards of Ducks Unlimited magazine and the DU website, the Associate Digital Media Editor will improve the organization’s ability to deliver content across multiple digital and social media platforms, increase audience engagement, and expand DU’s ability to reach new supporters.
- Assist the Digital Media Editor in developing and executing content strategies for DU’s digital media
- Generate high-quality content for the DU website and e-Newsletter
- Create, manage, and deliver content for social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and others
- Manage the social media editorial calendar
- Create and access photos, videos, and other assets for DU’s digital media
- Work with regional communications staff to improve and implement digital content strategies in DU regions
- Focus on the latest digital media trends to help maintain the organization’s high profile and engagement capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related major
- Exceptional writing, editing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter with a keen understanding of each platform’s place in the digital media landscape and how people engage with them
- Extensive knowledge of Ducks Unlimited, conservation, waterfowl, and waterfowl hunting
- Proficiency with Photoshop and similar graphic-editing software
- Experience creating digital and print content in a professional environment
- Experience using website content management tools (proprietary or commercial software)
- Working knowledge of HTML preferred
- Video production and editing capabilities preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A thorough understanding of the functionality of mobile devices and how users engage with content on mobile
- Experience using Google Analytics
To apply, please fill out the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=189794&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001, and attach a cover letter, resume and references. For further information regarding this position or to request application materials, please contact Matt Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Fundraising Specialist
DU National Headquarters – Memphis, TN
The Digital Fundraising Specialist is responsible for growing the DU online audience and revenue through the development and implementation of digital fundraising strategies. In particular, this person will focus on creating, executing and analyzing campaigns on DU’s various digital platforms to drive fundraising revenue and membership.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Media & Marketing, this position will work closely with Digital Media and Direct Response teams to effectively manage hundreds of digital campaigns each year.
Since Ducks Unlimited began online fundraising in 2007, the Digital Media & Marketing team has worked closely with the Direct Response team to execute digital campaigns. During this time, more than $24 million has been raised through website and email solicitations. However, as DU’s social media footprint has expanded in recent years, fundraising efforts on Facebook alone have generated nearly $2 million and more than 50,000 members.
Looking ahead, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and other channels will continue to offer unique opportunities that will impact bottom line financials. As these efforts increase, the Digital Fundraising Specialist will be responsible for developing, executing and measuring social media and other online campaigns, with specific emphasis on Direct Response digital fundraising.
- Generate unique ideas for fundraising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. with a keen understanding of the differences between each platform and how people engage with each
- Set up dedicated landing pages for membership and fundraising offers using CMS
- Create and measure membership and fundraising campaigns using Facebook Ads
- Working closely with the Direct Response team, develop and manage targeted email fundraising campaigns
- Enhance the donor/member customer experience through the development of specific acknowledgement and on-boarding strategies
- Develop new custom and lookalike audiences
- Create retargeting campaigns based on user behavior and activities on the DU website, mobile app, email, etc.
- Provide in-depth reports and analysis to direct response staff
- Manage overall digital marketing calendar
- Execute conversion testing using split and multivariate models within Facebook ads
- Access digital assets (photos, video, etc.) for social media and email campaigns
- Provide support for annual year-end fundraising campaign
- Analyze Google Analytics and other software to measure results and provide recommendations for improvement
- Collaborate with vendors to manage Google/Bing PPC campaigns
- Provide recommendations for new campaigns based on other digital marketing programs
- Collaborate with Digital Media Editorial staff to schedule campaigns in a busy editorial calendar
- Create new ideas for digital campaigns based on the latest trends in social media
- Work closely with Digital Media Specialist to optimize and analyze direct response email campaigns
- Assist in other digital communication and marketing projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Marketing, MIS, Communications or related major
- Outstanding communication abilities: Written, oral and presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.
- 1 or more years of experience using Facebook Ad Manager
- 1 or more years of experience creating, deploying and measuring email marketing campaigns
- 1-2 years of experience using website content management tools (proprietary or commercial software)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of the role mobile apps and devices play
- Proficient with Photoshop or similar graphic editing software
- Working knowledge and general understanding of HTML, CSS
- Experience using Google Analytics to measure website
- Previous experience working in the non-profit sector considered a plus
- Familiarity with conservation and waterfowl hunting considered a plus
- Familiarity with Blackbaud CRM considered a plus
To apply, please fill out the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=189571&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001, and attach a cover letter, resume and references. For further information regarding this position or to request application materials, please contact Anthony Jones at email@example.com.
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., the world’s leading wetland and waterfowl conservation organization, is seeking a self-motivated, experienced civil engineer headquartered out of the Western Regional Office in Rancho Cordova, CA. The successful applicants will join a highly-motivated conservation team of biologists and engineers who are responsible for the planning, design, and construction of wetland restoration and water delivery infrastructure projects in the San Francisco Bay Area. The position will be based out of an office in Vallejo, CA.
Candidates must have at minimum, a B.S in an engineering curriculum and be a registered civil engineer in the state of California. Desirable qualifications include GPS surveying, Civil3D, construction inspection and management, erosion control, soil science, hydraulics, agricultural engineering, and levee, canal, and/or pump station design. Demonstrated oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, goal oriented, and able to work with and solve problems in close team based relationships. Candidates must be able to perform field work that includes strenuous outdoor activity in difficult environmental conditions. Completion of safety training for small boat and all terrain vehicle operation will be required.
Regional Engineers perform a full range of project planning, design, contracting, and construction management functions on wetland, riparian, and associated habitat restoration projects. Project delivery responsibilities include scoping and proposal development, topographic surveying, engineering design, project bidding, field inspection, and construction management. A close working relationship with local, state and federal personnel, private landowners, and other conservation partners will be an important aspect of the job. The position will include travel throughout California.
Specific duties include:
1. Prepare proposal scope of work and budgets.
2. Develop topographic surveys and collect field data for design.
3. Prepare project plans, technical specifications and cost estimates.
4. Conduct field inspection and perform construction management oversight.
5. Ensure that consultants and contractors adhere to project plans, specifications and schedules.
6. Act as contracting officer, ensure contract compliance and manage project budgets.
To apply please complete the materials by going to the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=185592&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 and attach a cover letter, resume and references. For further information regarding this position or to request application materials, please contact:
Maria Camacho, Executive Assistant
3074 Gold Canal Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
DUCKS UNLIMITED, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or over), disability (physical, mental or visual), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), military and veteran status, immigration status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information